Environment, Social and Governance
Socially responsible Investments in Residential Property
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) refers to the three central factors in measuring the sustainability and ethical impact of an investment in a company or business.
By way of example, our investment philosophy at Hearthstone focuses in acquiring high-quality, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly homes accessible to all.
We seek to invest in rental housing with a positive social and environmental impact by acquiring new, or nearly new, homes with green space, close access to transport links, saving on the use of motor vehicles and close to schooling that improves the lives of the tenant’s family.
Summary of our ESG credentials
As shown below in a graphical representation based on the commonly used EPC (Energy performance certificates) layout, our properties as a percentage of all units, or as a percentage of fund portfolio value, exhibit significantly higher ratings than the national averages of Band D for both EER and EIR.
- 100% of homes in TM home investor fund meet Decent Home Standards, vs. market average of 80%
- By early purchasing clusters of new build homes we are speeding up the undersupply of new homes in the UK
- Providing longer tenancies aligned with tenants’ interests. The legal requirement is 6 months. We offer a minimum tenancy of 12 months and our average stay is 24 months
- Ability for everyone to invest in residential property without the need for a mortgage or large initial deposit with access from as little as £100
- One company, Touchstone, professionally manages all of our properties
- Tenant satisfaction and safety overseen by Asset ManagerUsing digital maintenance software to improve tenant communications and service
- An FCA authorised fund
- Monthly independent valuations
Important note: As with all investing, your capital is at risk. The value of an investment in the TM home investor fund can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest.